Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Just dropping a note to let everyone know whats up :)

Taking a deep breath and getting ready for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the release of my next novel somewhere mixed in there. I don't know which way to turn, but things usually fall in place before I fall out LOL.
I hope to do more campaigning and promotions for my newest novel, maybe even have a Book Release party! Doesn't that sound like fun :) maybe for readers, but people don't read as much as they use to, do they and it's a crying shame too.
Reading for me was always an escape from everyday life, and I would read anything and everything I could get my hands on and still do when I can find the time between taking care of my family and writing; I am always writing. This is a poem I wrote that will be featured in my newest novel, which I will tell y'all about next time. The poem is called Perfect Perfection. Until next time, Y'all have a save and happy holiday season :)


Perfect Perfection
Pray do not mourn for me when the cruelty of the morning sun beams down upon my face exposing my imperfections, for I am but a pawn in these games that life play.
For although we stroll amongst the shadows of her noonday sun, then frolic the night away, our world is quickly ending; changing to as it was before we came…
Envision the leafs surprise as the weighted droplet suddenly alights, bends it earthward then slowly slides to the tip, departing to land gently upon the elongated blade of grass which valiantly sought upward, seeking the sun-drenched persuasions of mother earth.
Man is but a blemish, on her otherwise perfect perfection…
Imagine the dimming hue of her emerald forests, which shone into the universe, a divine tone, known to none but her.
I lay upon your sandy shores relishing the salty mists, cooling the fiery passions that arose at the panoramic vista thou placed before me, a seascape of her perfection…
She will long be a heavenly place even after we have returned to dust, once again simply particles of ash that arose and formed humankind.
Yea though I tread gently, captivated, succumbed to her beauty, lifted and placed her within the valley of the gods, I have taken her offerings in vain, leaving her voided and empty.
Who among us will rise up to replace that which we have stolen?
 
26th April 2010 © Susan Cobb Beck
No republication of this material, in any form or medium, is permitted without express permission of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment