Thursday, September 23, 2010

Poem - Endurance

Endurance


When you see the morning dew on a simple blade of grass, do not think of me, and our callous past. Instead, think of the glory and beauty that such exists, and how the simple things in life are what make it worth our while. For every time I think back, on how I have come to be, I can always find something there, that will make me smile.
Life is full of what if’s and what might have been, but you can bet it is all a part, of some masterful plan; we may not understand it nor want to follow it’s lead, after all we are only creatures of habit, yes we are indeed.
Tend your young and raise them up, in the shadows beneath man, for one day they too will be a part, of the glory of the land. The land beneath never changes, only the surface it does adjust, and so must we too, learn, in our inner-hearts to trust. If we listen with our soul’s ear, we will hear what is true and if we love with our soul’s heart, we will endue…
I have endured life’s harsh realities, yes, I have lost more than my share; but it has never stopped my heart from beating nor caused me not to care.
Occasional heartaches are endured best, when not ignored, and enjoyment is more fulfilling, when embraced with both hands.
So, when you see the morning dew on a simple blade of grass, do not think of me nor become morass. Put one foot in front of the other and forward do progress; life is full of simple pleasures, more than you may ever know; happiness awaits us just smile and say hello…
 
 
09/15/2010 © Susan Cobb Beck
No republication of this material, in any form or medium, is permitted without express permission of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment