Friday, December 7, 2012

The Makings of a Husband

22 years ago, I was a young widow (age 35) with two young children. Working my butt off 10 hrs a day, four days a week trying to support my children and pay the bills.


It was a normal day at work; I was on the floor monitoring my plasmapheresis patients, when Paige, one of the LPN’s, stuck her head in the door and said “Hey, Action Jackson,” which was what they called me, “You have to come see this guy. He has the most gorgeous blue eyes I've even seen! You and he could make beautiful babies” she grinned, motioning for me to follow her to the front. They were always trying to “hook me up” with someone. “You can do his work-up,” she said.


Curious to see these “Gorgeous eyes” she was making so much ado over; I asked Kidd, another nurse, to cover for me for a few minutes and followed Paige to the front.

This is what greeted me.

at first, I doubted he had the makings of a good husband, and at the time, I really wasn't looking for a "husband." 
 After a few weeks of twice a week visits, we started dating.




Nine months later, on 7 Dec, 2001, we married.


11 Nov, 1993 we shared this little bundle of joy!

Look at Those EYES! Aren't they Gorgeous!!

My husband, Ronnie Wayne Beck was heaven sent, a gift from God, because without him, I don’t know how I would have managed these last 21 years.

His love, kindness, and support allowed me to quit work and stay at home with my children. It allowed me to move my ailing mother, mentally ill sister, and two of her children to our home and care for them, which I did for 15 years.


Bless her heart, she hung in there for 10 yrs after she first was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. She came close to death more than once those first couple of years and then did real well for about seven years.
Mama passed away in 2005 and my sister entered a group home in 2008

His continued kindness allows me to take my sister to lunch every other week and take her to visit her children. It has allowed me the opportunity to care for my ailing older brother since Jun of 2005. Without him, I never would have been able to do those things on my own.

I want to say Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband, Ronnie. I love you and appreciate you more than you will ever realize…   Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment